• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

CEUs needed?

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Do you know how many CEUs you need for your certification? When are your CEUs due? These are all questions that a person who is certified must stay on top of. For myself I keep a notebook for just CEU files. Others have told me the scan all of their CEU certificates into the computer so that they will not have to worry about a paper trail.

How do you keep track of your CEUs?

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I keep my CEUs in a notebook. I am getting ready to make a file to put my CEUs in.

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Laureen said she scans everything into her computer. I thought that was pretty smart. I am looking into a scanner now. Not sure if I want to get one now or when I am MO.

Robn

Blitzer
I like the notebook idea. I think I will do that. I have them but this way I don't lose any.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
You will love this set-up - trust me. Signup with Evernote.com - they have a free plan but if you need more room later on you'll need to pay a nominal amount. Then get yourself a scansnap scanner.

Every single piece of paper, kids artwork, homework, CEU documentation gets scanned. I have mine set up to go right into evernote where I can name, tag and organize however I want.

Scansnap can also scan to a folder on your comptuer, to google docs/drive and many other places.

I like evernote because I can access it from the three computers I use and the web if I'm at someone else's computer. You can even integrate it to work with google search so you can search your evernotes AND google at the same time. Very handy since I scan all my coding articles into evernote.

And you can download you copy of Coding Edge right into evernote and voila - it is searchable.

Perhaps I'll do a demo one day and video tape it.

This is the one I have because I have a mac:
Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500M Instant PDF Sheet-Fed Scanner for the Macintosh

If you have a PC this is the one you want:
Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500 Instant PDF Sheet-Fed Scanner for PC

Trust me you will wonder how you ever got along without it!

Robn

Blitzer
I have dropbox and I was able to put my resume file on my computer at home and update it from work. I am left on my own at work so when I wasn't busy I got it updated and ready to go! Now I can start my job search with my resume in hand. Working on the cover letter. My school sent me both and just had to fill in my information. They also sent tons of ideas on how to get started.

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Robin, when you put your CEUs in a notebook, be sure to put them in a sheet protector one at a time. That way they won't get wrinkled or dirty.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Scanning keeps them nice and clean too! :rolleyes: Can you tell I don't like paper?

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Laureen, I think that I can tell that you don't like paper. You like everything that is electronic and easy to manage. . .LOL!!

Luna

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
You will love this set-up - trust me. Signup with Evernote.com - they have a free plan but if you need more room later on you'll need to pay a nominal amount. Then get yourself a scansnap scanner.

Every single piece of paper, kids artwork, homework, CEU documentation gets scanned. I have mine set up to go right into evernote where I can name, tag and organize however I want.

And you can download you copy of Coding Edge right into evernote and voila - it is searchable.

Perhaps I'll do a demo one day and video tape it.
Just letting you know...I second that motion. (The demo video.):)

kayal

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
Will the monthly webinars eventually be available for CEU credit for those who wish to do so?